Terry Longshore, Percussion
balance | flow is a solo intermedia performance by renowned percussionist Terry Longshore, featuring works by a diverse body of composers integrating live performance with digital audio, video, and integrated lighting.
Designed as an intimate, immersive experience, balance | flow features compositions by Mark Applebaum, Erik Griswold, Eleanor Hovda, Yaz Lancaster, Terry Longshore, Mack$well (Maxwell Longshore), Joe W. Moore III, Emma O’Halloran, Phong Tran, and Nick Zammuto.
balance | flow also features lighting and video by Terry Longshore, animations by Miles Inada, cinematography by Christopher Lucas, and virtual scenic design by Sean O’Skea.
List of works:
- Green Yellow Green Red by Nick Zammuto – vibraphone, scratched records, and video collages
- as a treat by Yaz Lancaster – wood, stone, metal, & tambourine with animation by Miles Inada
- Aphasia by Mark Applebaum – gestures with electronic audio
- CoronaVibe Etudes – I: Social Distancing by Terry Longshore – vibraphone
- Cornerstone by Joe W. Moore III – wood, stone, metal, & tambourine with animation by Miles Inada
- Twos and Threes by Erik Griswold – vibraphone
- Cymbal Music II – Cymbalflow II by Eleanor Hovda – bowed double cymbals, voice and audience participation with video
- RELATIVE RATES OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT: a microstudy of macro-macroeconomics for solo percussion by Phong Tran – stone & metal with animation by Miles Inada
- meditation for metal pipes by Emma O’Halloran – solo version of quintet for 15 just-tuned metal pipes drenched in reverb with virtual reality video by Miles Inada (animator), Terry Longshore (performer), Christopher Lucas (filmmaker), and Sean O’Skea (scenic designer),
- Trap Hat by Mack$well (Maxwell Longshore) and Terry Longshore – hi-hat and electronics
- Kangaroopak by Terry Longshore – solo version of percussion quintet for hand drums with audio and video
Face coverings are recommended in School of Music, Dance and Theatre indoor performance spaces. University COVID-19 information may be found at https://eoss.asu.edu/health/announcements/coronavirus.
- ASU School of Music
ASU Katzin Concert Hall
50 E Gammage Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281