Opening its doors in 1956 with an inaugural production of Hamlet. The theatre is one of two beautiful venues used by Arizona Repertory Theatre. At the time of its opening, it was considered the best theatre in Arizona and influenced the construction of many other venues throughout the state. The theatre was originally known as The University Theatre but was later renamed The Marroney Theatre to pay tribute to Peter R. Marroney who served as the head of the theatre department for 36 years. The is a traditional proscenium theatre with a 324 seating capacity for plays and a 308 seating capacity for musicals.
1025 N Olive Rd
Tucson, AZ 85721